Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pushing for April, move looming

My new date to approach, and or have my work published is April of 2006. That date is approaching, as I'm still working to complete the first draft. Last night wasn't as productive as I would've liked, however I did get some great point notes written, and revised some dialogue in chapter 17. The revision allowed me to freely work on completing the chapter, as I'm now pleased with the flow.

I had to interrupt my writing to go to homedepot and pick up some more stuff for my condo. I'm moving... tentatively in a couple weeks. But as each week passes, it always becomes another two weeks. Simply because I'm truly getting the space exactly how I'd like it, reflecting aspects of myself and my personality, my favourite colours, art, furniture, and essentially completing the vision I had for myself and my first place, before I even move in. I'm extremely blessed that I have such a wonderful family that's helped me every step of the way. There's no words to describe my gratitude.

Once complete, I plan to have a new and improved writing space, one that will energize me, keep me motivated, and inspire me to create. My office has a fantastic view of the gardens, and my living room will be equipped with a beautiful new Italian recliner for reading, relaxation / meditation, and general use, directly in front of my fountain and book cases. I can only thank the lovely girl at the Homeshow for assisting me in finding exactly what I wanted, before I even knew what I wanted! I love to read and visualize... and so I've created a space specifically for that, however the recliner won't arrive until May, so that's the only downside - but it's worth it.

I hope to get some more work done this week on the book, and bring chapter 17 to a close, however as I now am balancing time between the project and the move, that may not be realistic. My priority is to finish the book, however not necessarily at the expense of moving preparation. If the end of the book is completed in the new location, with the new atmosphere, I'm sure the book will only be that much better, as my creativity will be channeled even more so.

I'm approaching a space right now where I'm thinking to promote this site a bit more, either through word of mouth, or other means. Through the feedback I've received via the limited amount of people I've let view this site, I've found that they've been really receptive to it, and some are urging me to begin promoting it. I've registered the domain names for the trilogy itself, so when I publish, those sites will be ready for mass marketing, however this site is specifically a grass roots site, which acts as a channel for my thoughts, as well as a place where fans of the work can keep up to date on its progression. Comments are welcome, as I've now opened the comment system up to *NON* registered users. Enjoy!

No comments: