Monday, January 23, 2006

Progression Obsession

Although I've probably angered some at my ambition to finish off chapter 18, as I may have neglected important moving tasks in order to get out all the concepts that I needed to get out. I was literally pulled away from my keyboard to go down to my new Condo to check it out. But I was extremely glad that I did that... the place looks fantastic, and for those who are interested, pictures and a movie were taken of the new place as well. The paint looks fantastic, and some of the furniture is put together and in place, which is incredible. My father's done an outstanding job with the renovation, and has made the transition into this new place better than I could have hoped. It's not easy, picking up and leaving everything you've known for so long, but the call to something else, something greater, a new experience in life beckons. So it's with a heavy heart that I'll leave my home in Scarborough, but the future will be full of potential, experiences, and excitement, so it's time to move on.

Chapter 18 is massive. 18 pages so far... with probably 1 or two left to add just through miscellaneous editing and flow corrections. The chapter is 99% complete however. Chapter 19 is fairly big already, but will be even more so once completed... as I intend on adding more context, and content. Chapter 20 should be fairly short, as it's just covering the aftermath of a key event in the story, where 21 should bring book 1 to a close. I can't begin to explain how close I am to the completion of this work, and how that makes me feel as a result. I feel totally liberated, free, and creative... and a huge sense of satisfaction and accomplishment... as in my mind I've done something that not many can do... or have the time or ambition to do. Some people's life long ambition is to write one book. And here I am attempting a trilogy... actually there will be more books beyond the trilogy as I've decided... so what I've done is essentially changed careers... as writing and creating novels can be a full time job. Balancing an actual full time job, while writing a book on the side... has left me with few weekends and Friday nights for going out or experiencing what other things life has to offer. But I've made my decision, and in time, all things will come. Stay tuned... the end is near !!

No comments: