Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Right now I still have to complete the Epilogue, however my editor seems to like the idea and how I'm going to present it, so that's good news. I had a few ideas on some topics I'd like to cover in the Epilogue, but I still have to write them.

A great deal of information has been directed towards me, in terms of publishing next steps, editing tips, and some education on the entire publishing process. I believe that I will go through at least 2 - 3 rounds of edits, just to make sure that the book is in its most polished state before I begin sending it out. Even before that happens, I have to go through and put the manuscript into proper MSS format, which is the manuscript format accepted by most publishers.

Each publisher has their own specifications and rules for MSS submission, but they vary only slightly from what I can tell, so the majority of the work involves getting it suitable for at least one of them.

I eagerly await feedback from my editor, as other things go on in my life. I've contacted some of the fine people I've met in Mexico over the weekend, to get some activities started. I can't mention enough how much that trip affected me, my writing, my confidence, my understanding of who I am. It's a great thing, to be resolute and satisfied within yourself, no matter what happens. Some days holding that perspective in mind can be a challenge, but it's always waiting for you when you're back... and not so hard on yourself.

We're getting there though... Edit, Revise, Edit Revise, Review, Repeat. Send out packages and Query Letters, and Repeat. It's coming!

No comments: