Wednesday, May 28, 2008

T7J Update

The long awaited Synopsis is now complete. After a long, and I mean long - painstaking process of shrinking down a 120,000 word manuscript into a 7 page summary is now finished. This took a great deal of effort on my part, and the part of my colleagues who assisted me through the process, as this is often the most difficult part for writers. How do you encapsulate the depth and impact that the manuscript contains, into a 7 page sales pitch? Well, that is where the real test of your writing abilities come into play.

After spending months researching the proper APA standards, and Chicago book of style formats, I've completed the synopsis - which is now in the proper format to be reviewed by my first target agent. Park Literary Group. Initially, I will be sending my package to them, with 3 other agents in queue. I will send these packages off with as much positive energy as I can muster, knowing fully that I've done all I can do in preparation.

This will allow me to fully immerse myself, guilt free, into Book II. Visions and images of the book have been coming to me, and now it's finally time to channel it fully and bring it all together. I couldn't begin real work on Book II until I've done the work needed for Book I to be accepted by agents and publishers. As this is how my dreams will fully materialize. Now... the path is clear for me to continue the creative process.

As a result, you'll be seeing more frequent updates to the blog site, as I describe some of the concepts involved in the trilogy, as they present themselves. The toughest part is over, and now the fun begins again.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: