Monday, February 06, 2006

It's been awhile!

I haven't had much time since my last post. I had posted something in between this and the last one, however I've decided to take it down due to certain content. The truth of the post rings true, but the impression it leaves could be taken out of context.

I'm still in between apartments right now, as I'm moving out of my old basement apartment and into my new condo. The process has been painstakingly long, but well worth it. The down side is two fold... not having a sane creative environment to work on the book... and no time to work on the book! But what I do have time for is jot notes, which is what I do frequently... whenever I have an idea pertinent to the story, or something just has to come through, I'll write it all out.

Interesting things have happened during the time I've had off from the book due to the move... some intriguing conversations have taken place, and some amazing details have revealed themselves. I was asked what my philosophy was, indirectly, but someone who didn't really have a grasp of what my philosophy really was... and like all of us, fills in the blanks with their own ideas and labels of what I might be about. However, as they were mistaken, it forced me to simply and plainly put into words, exactly what my philosophy is... for the moment. But far reaching enough, and true enough that it can be true in all times and places. It is this message that will be embedded within the story in certain respects, just so the reader can ascertain where I'm coming from.

The story is just that... a story. It has subtle contexts embedded, examples, and events within, which should make the reader come back and ponder what has happened, as I purposely leave out many labels. Simply just placing the experiences in front of the reader, and allowing the reader to decide for themselves. I've created a framework for the mind to play in, and when it's complete, I expect many will have unique experiences with the work, perhaps unique to each time they read it.

In this time off, a major revelation... well several in fact, have come to pass for me. My relationship to the main female character in the book, Tamara, really brought about some emotions for me, and allowed that chapter of my life to come to a close. It can never really be closed off however, as the basis for the character, is formed from experiences I've had in my past, which will never leave me. I'm a different person because of those experiences, I'm inspired because of those experiences... and it's because of those memories that I've created this book. She was my muse. An image left uncorrupted by the illusions of experiences, the projections of expectation, and the disappointment of reality. And it is in this image that I've created her. And that should come across in the book... however chapter 21... will definitely reveal how I've framed that whole experience, what context I've finally put around it... and how it's shaped who I am. Even until this very moment. I've enjoyed this process, as it's brought me back to those experiences... forced me to relive them, and in those memories, the experiences never really ended... as I can access them whenever I choose. I hope this makes more sense to you after having read the book. =)

No comments: