Friday, February 17, 2006

Atmosphere

Creating the right atmosphere is an art form. And moving into my condo allowed me the opportunity to express that. The move went well, the only problem was the couch got stuck on the way out of my old basement apartment, and so we had to break down an entire wall, well at least a massive chunk of it to ensure its exodus from the stairwell. It was really funny actually, just not at the time. One of the Russian movers remarked that everything was damaged... everything. Except the couch.

I haven't had time to write for the past week or so, but I'm feeling the pull to get back to it. And usually when I don't listen to that pull... I get frustrated! But it's for good reason this time, as I'm dealing with my car which has some issues, which are now fixed... but I'm still leary about it's functionality. It's the second time this issue has happened with the car, which causes it to die and/or lose power because the fan belt seems to fall off, or get cut, which stops the power flow to the alternator... leaving me to run the car on a battery that isn't being recharged. That means it dies. Second time that happened... the first time, it died in the middle of an intersection! Then we took it to the closest dealership (don't ask why) which said they put a new fan belt on and corrected the issue. Then two weeks later, the check engine light goes on... then a week later it dies completely. Guess what happened... no fan belt ! I brought it back to the guy I bought it from, and he fixed it. I just don't want the same issue to happen again obviously, so I'm leaving it with him until tomorrow. Funny thing is, he said there wasn't even a fan belt on there to begin with... meaning it got cut, or was too tight... or just ripped and fell off, possibly during the towing. But I digress... It's working now, but I'm asking the mechanics to test it out for a couple days to see if they notice any other oddities.

Other than that, I'm still in the process of unpacking, and last night I just setup the rest of my network and computers at home. The one computer that didn't survive the move, doesn't turn on at all anymore... as it fell off the back of my dad's van, directly onto the cement driveway, and bounced a couple times. Not good. But once the office is arranged to my liking, I will be ready to finish off chapter 20, and 21. I've asked some other writers friends of mine to review the work once it's done, as well as a few others... so I'm anticipating some fantastic feedback, which will go a long way towards polishing the final product. 2 years in the making... I can't believe it.

Only a few other things are left to be done at the condo, such as putting up the blinds on the main floor, adding a couple more coats of finish to the counter top, and mounting my fountain against the wall. And of course... I eagerly await my recliner, that I bought specifically for reading / meditation / relaxing. That will be fun, but it wont arrive until May. I did get a new dining room table, and chairs, which looks fantastic. I'm really excited about how it all looks, and feels, I'm home.

No comments: