Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Switch to Technology

After a series of events, both professional and personal, I've come to a decision that I am best suited to explore my options within the Technical field. Process work has been a fantastic stepping stone in my development, on many levels, as it has helped me truly get grounded in reality in many ways. It has given me a series of valuable experiences, models, methodologies, and views of the world that are lacking in many fields. I will continue to evolve this mindset as I continue forward in my development, as my new role also requires process knowledge, from a design, and continuous improvement point of view. I will continue to achieve further certifications within the Business Analysis and Process Consulting field, as I want to keep myself sharp in both industries which will yield more options for me in the future.

It is important to have skillsets which are marketable in a variety of situations, such as Business problem solving, via methodologies such as DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control), organizing businesses into People, Process, and Technology, and improving efficiency. These skills are invaluable in my profession, and are portable to almost any scenario and industry. I value the learnings I've obtained through 'Lean Processing', and Process Improvement, however now that my skills are at a Senior level, it is time to ensure that my other skillsets are kept up to date.

I have moved into a role as a Technical Analyst, as opposed to my previous role as a Process Analyst (Senior Consultant), for a variety of reasons. Many of which I've mentioned in previous posts. Technology interests me, working with people interests me, and creating new environments, and optimizing for efficiency brings me great joy. This - above all, is the reason for my shift.

Future aspirations, perhaps in a couple years, or more. I will move to Project Management, to fully round out my skillsets. At which point, I will have the Process Mindset, the Technical Skills, and then I will obtain a track record of On time Service or Project Delivery via Project Management. This will round out my skills, and along with my academic background, and allow me to move to a more contract / consulting role that will allow me to travel to virtually anywhere in the world with my family.

The books which I continue to write, will always be apart of me, and always be my primary creative outlet, and perhaps one day - I will be fortunate to move to that career as a fulltime profession. Enjoying sunsets, moving through consciousness, evolving, training kung fu, and playing guitar on the beach for a small group of my friends and loved ones. This, is now - a step in the right direction.

Heaven is here, the time is now.

No comments: