Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Follow Your Bliss

I sit here, moments before the viewing of my beloved Zia Vicki (my Aunt) must take place. A myriad of emotions are stirring within me, as memories pass through my mind, caressing my heart and causing momentary outbursts of tears. I wrote previously that tears have yet to overtake me regarding her passing, but now the time has come. The tears are for many things, the blessed friends and family that have come together in support of me and the loss of our beautiful Aunt. The life I have lived, and the trials and tribulations that all of us have taken on this time around. The tears come for the love and support that I feel from the universe, the source of all things which helps move worlds... also moves mountains within me.

They come in waves, the tears, the rage pours out on the pages as I write how I feel. The strength within me musters and brews as I stand for those who are weaker, those who need support. I once told a friend that the only way to possess strength is to give it away... and that is what I must do, for all of us. But I have no more to offer those around me than I have to offer myself, which is the power to stand tall, on a firm footing of concepts that guide me through life. An understanding of what life is about, and what times like this are truly for.

Her passing on Thanksgiving day was a symbol, and a message to those she left behind. Spend the remaining years as a family, and bring yourselves closer together for what comes may be tiring and exhausting, and we will only have each other to lean on. Every year, we will remember her now, as she passed on a day of giving thanks for what we have, and who we have to share it with... and that is what we will do.

She is home now, with the rest of her family, friends, and the source of it all. She is at peace now, and I only ask that she help those who are still behind... be with us, guide us towards a better version of ourselves. Let us find our happiness, our bliss, our peace - an accomplishment few find while here on earth. Be with us in each moment, and remind us where our happiness lies, and what me must choose to experience it, as we move forth through this journey of contrast and misconception.

Joseph Campbell - the great mythologist, author, and teacher told us to "Follow your bliss" which is possibly the greatest advice ever spoken to mankind in an effort to free us from ourselves and our minds. The greatest experience of life and love is the experience of Bliss and ultra happiness. It is here, that we will know our true selves, the true feeling of our natural state of being... it is here that we'll fully realize the fabric of our essence, and the material of the creator. So I pray that through all the "hussle and bussle" of everyday life, that we can keep this one thought in mind... in every moment, find your bliss. If you are not doing it, choose it, choose your bliss to ensure that every moment is spent being and doing that which you really are - love, happiness and peace.

Thank you Zia Vicki for giving us a shining example of family, and may you be at peace, and not cling to the world, but only come to help guide us through our turmoils and daily tasks with the love and helpfulness you've shown us in life. Go... be with him now. We will be fine, and one day... we too will be home with you. We love you.

RG

No comments: