Sunday, July 08, 2007

Book I & II Update

I've been feverishly busy, working through various projects at work, and in my personal life, so updates have slowed as of late. However, that is not to say that progress has not been had. In fact, I can safely say that I'm more than 50% through the Book proposal for Book 1 of my trilogy. This document is essentially your entry point into the publishing world, and ends up being quite large once you're complete. I estimate around 100 pages of marketing text, research, comparative analysis and various other sections to give prospective publishers an idea of what this is about. Not only give them an Idea, but to entice them, and to help them see the value in what this could bring about, as a partnership and as well as the beginning of a new perspective.

It is hard to map the end date for the book proposals completion, as things like this take their time. You may have the best story in the world, but if you don't know how to market and sell it... you're not going anywhere and your manuscript will collect dust on a shelf. So this is the most crucial part of the process, and I've decided that it will be done when it's done. No more harsh dates to rush towards... as all good things come to those who wait... and do their homework.

Book II is now underway, and has officially begun. There are pages and pages of notes associated to this next installment in the series, but now it is just a matter of putting it all together and having the time to do so. As with the first book, Book II is calling to me, so I have no question in my mind that it will be complete. But I wonder if it will take the 2 years that Book I took? That all depends on the parallel work on the Book I proposal, and how quickly this can be marketed. If and when this series gets picket up, that will allow me to write my books full time, and to do what I really love... to be creative, and free to do so whenever and whereever I choose. Which is the God given right for all of mankind. And one day we will all get there. Thanks for continuing to Read.


ALSO *** Stay Tuned for the up coming Launch of my new Domains - geared solely towards The Trilogy. This will feature articles, sample texts, help on how to become an author, writing tips, and various other interesting goodies!

No comments: