Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Life is what happens to you...

When you're busy makin' other plans! Ok so let's try this again, as I wrote a huge article updating everyone on what's been happening with me lately, and what's new and exciting, but this wonderful blogging tool deleted my entire post, and left nothing behind save my own tears. And as irony would have it... life did happen to me while I was writing the article, which is why I couldn't save it in time, so here we go again!

Last night I had a great training session for NLP and Hypnosis, which are extremely valuable tools for motivating, and empowering others to peak performance levels. I myself underwent hypnosis yesterday, and I'll just answer the first question that everyone seems to have... right off the bat. Yes I am in control while under hypnosis, as all hypnosis is self induced. You can pull yourself out of it at anytime.

Some people ask, well why do people do crazy stuff while on stage if a hypnosis is performing? Well psychologically those individuals have already made an internal agreement that they'll be going onstage to make a fool of themselves, and so they do. That isn't what my training is about however, as I train to access the subconscious and unconscious mental processes, to suggest powerful thoughts at that level, which act as the catalyst to change within a persons life. The exercise I went through was a direct response to a question I had regarding the ripple effect that bad associations to life circumstances can have over time. The visualization that I went through was extremely focused, detailed, and revealed some interesting visual representations of my thoughts about myself and about my current life conditions.

In an amateur fashion, I have guided others through visualization over the years, so this training only serves to strengthen and enhance my skills and techniques. That way I can better serve the populace, and better integrate motivational concepts in my work. I've always said that for my stories to evolve, I must evolve, therefore I've placed myself into situations where intense training is required, and deeper thought must be given to fully comprehend what is being taught.

As I train NLP and Hypnosis, I've learned several motivational techniques, many ways to access the conscious, subconscious, and unconscious mind, all in an attempt to evolve my understanding of the inner workings of the human intellect. All hypnosis is self hypnosis... as I went under yesterday, I had full awareness and control over what was happening to me, and simply allowed my subconscious to populate my visual world, while being guided by the practitioner. This reveals very interesting aspects of yourself, especially as the experience I had was walking through a museum of my own life, with various pieces of art work, sculptures, and other objects which represented times in my life, aspects of my consciousness, and life circumstances I am faced with. This allowed me to quickly and easily see visual representation of the "problems", and to also visualize the solution as well. NLP + Hypnosis is based on Gestalt therapy, Family therapy, and Hypnosis, and serves to take the best models of what works, vs. what doesn't work.

What works vs. what doesn't work, seems to be a model of life which yields the highest results. Truth and Falsehood are far too subjective, as they require a personal point of view for real validation. What is true for you, may not be true for all people, in all times and places. So truth, very quickly, becomes a subjective reality. What works, vs what doesn't work seems to be far more objective, as it's results based. Does this work? Does this have a result that is quantifiable? Can I repeat this process, and obtain the same result? Notice how truth is an unnecessary judgment in that process.

In addition to this training, I continue with my Kung Fu, which serves to enhance my daily life in more ways that I can even articulate. From the reading of body language, to the understanding of memory and intellectual processes, to confidence, to the deeper comprehension of combat in general. Highly rewarding learning process, which has aided in my evolution, and the evolution of my books in many ways.

My nights are busy these days... with guitar training tonight, and kung fu tomorrow... and a dinner on Thursday and Friday... my weeks are fairly packed. While all this is going on, my editor is working diligently and is moving at a fantastic pace. She's been editing 2 chapters per week, and at this rate, Part I of the story should be complete by next Monday. There are 21 chapters in the book, with an epilogue and prologue that also require editing, so we're well underway. Once the editing process is complete, I'll go back and accept or reject changes, and integrate portions of the various feedback I've received, and work towards polishing the book as much as possible. Then of course, I'll be working with my Marketing Guru associate, who is helping me prepare a proper Book proposal, which I will then send to various publishers. Very exciting times these days... and I'm extremely busy! But in the end... it'll all be worth it. Thanks for reading.

No comments: