Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Why I write Books

Because it is an expression of Who I Am. There is no better reason to write than because of this. Often people think that their line of work has to do something for them. As an example, being a successfully published author will get me abundance, and freedom to do what I choose.

That is actually an incorrect perception. A clearer perception would be that I write, and pursue publishing because it is what brings me happiness, joy, and excitement. It's what gets my "juices goin'" if you know what I mean. And I would write my stories if no one read them, or many people did - simply because it's what I choose to do with my time.

And I do not make my favourite activity conditional. The condition being "I will not write unless I'm successfully published." Instead I will write regardless, without condition or limitation. That is why I write.

No comments: